13 March 2009

Hobbycrafts NEC 13th March 2009

ooooooohh what fun we had at the NEC today.  Bumped into a couple of chums, namely Jo Channon and Joey Burdett who are fellow demonstrators for Bramwells.  I spent a fortune (goes without saying really) ... thanks hubster who treated me to some spends for the show xxx  

Highlights for me were Craftwork cards - treated myself to their goody bag and a few other choice bits and pieces.  They have such gorgeous unique stuff, beautiful samples, everything co-ordinates perfectly.  So hard to resist (so I didn't).  Then a new company on me Lavinia Stamps  .... stunning designs, beautifully presented, and well demonstrated.  

I replenished my cardstock and envelopes and fortunately found the Every Craft a Pound man who I bought some blades from at GMEX thinking they would fit me craft knife only to find they were too big.  So for £1 I managed to get the knife that they fit.  

I also love Craftology who sell the most fab plasticised foil card which when stamped with clear embossing powder has a super high shine finish.  Hard to describe you have to see it for yourself.  Apparantly it has to be this special card to work and I watched as the demonstrator used coloured Stazon to colour the silver foil card before stamping onto it.  Great effect.

And at last I found my scalloped circles Nestabilities from Once Upon a Stamp - a bargain at £16.99.  I loved this stand!  They were demonstrating mould making, had fab metal kits (like Ten Seconds Studio), loads of Nesties, great stamps, a  brill deal on Stazon inks 5 for £20! Really really nice stuff.  Had to tear myself away....

At home now and just admiring my purchases, can't wait to get cracking with them!

Chris x

1 comment:

Dawn said...

Hi Chris thank you for the lovely comments on my inchies cards. I don't now have any more inchie demos but do have 2 others with Bramwells.
Fully agree with all your comments about the NEC as have been for my visit today and thanks to your comments yesterday I think I followed your steps apart from not visiting "once upon a stamp" Saw Jo which was lovely and have had a really nice day and now fully inspired.
Don't know when we'll be seeing each other again but hope it's soon. Hugs xxx